Moxi Laser Post-Care Instructions
These pre & post care instructions are intended to guide you through the treatment process and get you on your way to gorgeous!
AfTer Your Treatment:
- Cleanse the skin two times a day with plain, lukewarm water and a gentle cleanser. Use your hands and gently patting motions. DO NOT rub, scrub, use an exfoliant, or skin care brush on the treated area. Avoid getting shampoo directly on the treated area.
- Recovery serum should be applied with clean hands over treated area and reapplied whenever your skin feels dry. You can also use a gentle moisturizer to help skin remain hydrated as it heals. DO NOT apply other products that were not instructed by your doctor such as coconut oil, essential oils, or other occlusive ointments.
- Sunscreen is essential and should be used daily beginning the day after treatment and used consistently for up to 3 months post procedure. Use a physical sunscreen with UVA and UVB protection with an SPF of at least 30. Be sure to reapply during sun exposure. Wear a wide-brimmed hat or protective clothing for 2 months post-treatment to avoid blistering, scarring, hyperpigmentation, and hypopigmentation.
- WARMTH: The treated area may be extremely warm for 1-2 hours after the treatment. Warmth may continue for 12-24 hours after treatment. Cold compresses may provide comfort during this time. Mineral water spray may provide some relief and much needed moisture to the skin.
- REDNESS: Redness is normal and expected. Redness generally increases in intensity for the first few days after treatment with day 3 usually being the most intense. Redness can persist for up to 7 days depending on the intensity of treatment. Use gentle cleansers and keep your skin moisturized and out of the sun which will allow your skin time to heal and limit further stress on your skin.
- MENDS: Microscopic Epidermal Necrotic Debris (MENDs) will appear on the 2nd or 3rd day after treatment as tiny dark spots and bronzed appearance to the treated skin. MENDs are part of the healing process where treated tissue is working its way out of your body as new fresh skin is regenerated. During this time, your skin will be very dry and feel like sandpaper before flaking and peeling off. Keep your skin well moisturized to support the healing process. Do not pick at your skin. Avoid scratching and itching, as scarring and pigmentation complications can occur.
- SWELLING: Swelling is common and expected immediately after treatment. Use a cold compress will help to relieve the swelling. To avoid further swelling, you may choose to sleep in an upright position the first 2-3 nights after the treatment. The first morning post treatment is when swelling is more prevalent, especially under the eyes. Swelling may last 2-4 days.
- While swelling is to be expected, if you experience excessive swelling or any of the following signs of infection, you should contact the office immediately: drainage, pus, increasing warmth at or around the treated area, fever, extreme itching.
“I appreciate all her medical background because it made me more comfortable with someone treating my face!” Meg J.
“As a Mayo-trained physician, I trust her implicitly with my cosmetic treatments.” Lisa S.
“I trust her completely and will be going back ASAP.” Katie W.