GENIUS Radiofrequency System
PRE-TREATMENT PATIENT INSTRUCTIONS
- On day of treatment, patients should thoroughly wash face and not apply any make-up, lotions, sunscreen or any other cosmetics to the skin of the treatment area prior to arriving at facility.
- Thoroughly clean the treatment area.
- Apply topical anesthetic and follow the prescriptive instructions on the packaging. For a small percentage of patients, some physicians apply nerve block procedure to improve treatment comfort for sensitive areas on upper lip, around mouth or around eyes.
- Completely remove anesthetic and wipe clean with alcohol wipe.
- Santize the treatment area with antiseptic scrub such as Hibiclens.
- Apply post treatment serum as needed. You may also layer this with a gentle moisturizer if your skin needs additional hydration. Excessive application of an occlusive ointment (such as Vaseline or Aquaphor) is not recommended.
- If needed, cool skin with a towel-wrapped ice pack.
- After 24 hours, resume a gentle skin care regimen. Avoid harsh topical products (such as acids or retinols) or alcohol-based toners for two weeks.
- Let Dr. Robinson know if you are prone to breakouts. She may prescribe a topical antibiotic.
- Avoid vigorous activity, excessive heat, or sun exposure for at least 1 week.
- Patients should avoid sun exposure for the first day and beginning on the second day, apply a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunblock with an SPF of 30+ and PA++. When outdoors always use an umbrella, hat or other available protection against sunlight until the skin is fully healed.
- 4-6 weeks is typical between Genius treatments and most patients achieve best results with 2-4 treatments.
EXPECTED SKIN REACTIONS & RESULTS
Common expected skin reactions after treatment include:
- Redness (diminishes over 1-3 days following treatment)
- Swelling (diminishes over 1-3 days following treatment)
- Temporary pin-point bleeding (should stop within minutes after treatment)
- Slight discomfort (should stop within a few hours after treatment)
- Crusting begins to appear 1-2 days after treatment and sloughs off in 3-5 days. Do not to pick at the crusts. Soaking skin in the shower for 10-15 minutes and rubbing very gently with a washcloth can help with sloughing.
- Less common skin reactions include petechia (tiny round purple-red spots due to bleeding under the skin) which fade in a few days or bruising which can take up to a week to disappear.
- Other skin reactions include irritation, itching, and a burning sensation. These typically subside in a few hours to 1 day, but may get aggravated with heat or sweating. If these reactions continue please contact our office
1 day Post-Treatment: Redness and temporary swelling, skin begins to turn to a condition similar to before treatment.
3 days - 1 week Post-Treatment: Brighter skin tone and significant reduction in oil secretion in oily skin types.
1 month Post-Treatment: Improvement of fine wrinkles and skin laxity.
1-3 months Post-Treatment: Continuous improvement of fine wrinkles, pores size, scars and skin laxity.
“I appreciate all her medical background because it made me more comfortable with someone treating my face!” Meg J.
“As a Mayo-trained physician, I trust her implicitly with my cosmetic treatments.” Lisa S.
“I trust her completely and will be going back ASAP.” Katie W.